The Big Green Egg - Sizes and Specifications
Which size EGG best fits your needs? You have a choice of five sizes ranging from a Mini to an Extra Large. The detail provided here will let you determine which size you want. But keep in mind that it is not unusual for enthusiastic outdoor chefs to actually own more than one.
Extra Large Egg
For many years the Large EGG was the most popular size. But as consumers increased the frequency of their outdoor cooking, they discovered that entire meals could be cooked over the coals and even learned they could cook several meals at once, they decided that large for them wasn't large enough. We realized there was a substantial demand for an even bigger EGG so we developed the XL Big Green Egg. The XL EGG can cook two 20-pound turkeys or 24 burgers or 11 whole chickens or 12 steaks or 14 racks of ribs vertically.
- 24-inch diameter cooking grid
- Weighs 205 pounds
- 452 square inches of cooking surface
The Large EGG is still the most popular size and is able to easily handle the cooking needs of most families. The Large EGG can cook a 20-pound turkey
or 12 burgers or 6 chickens vertically or 8 steaks or 7 racks of ribs vertically.
- 18-inch diameter cooking grid
- Weighs 140 pounds
- 255 square inches of cooking surface
The Medium EGG is a good size for smaller families of two to four people. The Medium EGG can cook an 18-pound turkey or 6 burgers or 3 chickens vertically or 4 steaks or 4 racks of ribs vertically.
- 15-inch diameter cooking grid
- Weighs 95 pounds
- 177 square inches of cooking surface
The Small EGG is good for individuals or small families. It can be used for tailgating and also is an appropriate supplement to a Large or Medium EGG. The Small EGG can cook a
12-pound turkey or 4 burgers or 1 chicken vertically or 2 steaks or 1 rack of ribs.
- 13-inch diameter cooking grid
- Weighs 65 pounds
- 133 square inches of cooking surface
Extra Small Egg
The Mini EGG is a good choice for picnics and tailgating when you want the EGGsperience to be portable. The Mini can cook 2 chicken breasts or 2 pork chops or 1 steak.
- 9-inch diameter cooking grid
- Weighs 30 pounds
- 64 square inches of cooking surface
The Benefits of The Big Green Egg
The EGG is a unique barbecue product, with unmatched flexibility and capabilities that surpass all other conventional cookers combined. It is a smoker, a grill and an oven and you can cook literally any food on it year around, from appetizers to entrees to desserts.
Here are some of the benefits of the Big Green Egg:
- Fast lighting -- ready to cook in 10 minutes with no lighter fluid
- Ceramic walls retain heat with accurate temperature control and no hot spots
- Fuel efficient so there is no need to add more charcoal while cooking; unburned charcoal can be reused
- Constant tending not required; with enclosed cooking there are no grease flare-ups
- Withstands temperature extremes from below 0° to 1800°F
- Can be used year around, even in freezing temperatures and rain
- Surface stays cooler and is safer around children than metal grills
- Weatherproof ceramics won't rust
- Handsome, decorative and unique design
- Produces the juiciest, most succulent food you'll ever taste